The Office of the Special Narcotics Prosecutor has openings for 1
Grand Jury Reporters (Temporary Assignments - Not to exceed 1 year
) in the Grand Jury Unit with a starting salary of $55,000
. In this position, the Grand Jury Reporter is responsible for taking confidential Grand Jury testimony, transcribing daily verbatim testimony introduced before the grand jury such as statement of witnesses, complainants and defendants.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
- Take confidential verbatim testimony before a Grand Jury on a stenographic machine
- Transcribe CDs and/or videos and tapes for Assistant District Attorneys (ADAs)
- Ability to read back testimony from notes for Grand Jury and/or court proceedings
- Ability to recite back testimony from notes for Grand Jury
- Ability to transcribe testimony in a timely manner using Case Catalyst System for ADAs and Judge reviews
- Ability to keep accurate records and files of cases
- Use Case Catalyst System with personal dictionary to produce transcripts
- Ability to take dictation at the rate of 175 wpm on a stenographic machine
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED required or an Associate's Degree in Court Reporting from an institution accredited by the National Court Reporters Association.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to take dictation at the rate of 175 wpm
- Candidates will be tested on their own equipment
- New York City residency required
- Authorization to work in the United States is required for this position.
Hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm however work outside those hours may occasionally be necessary depending on the Grand Jury schedule.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter online at: www.snpnyc.org/contact/career-employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE TO BE CONSIDERED AS THE OFFICE OF THE SPECIAL NARCOTICS NO LONGER ACCEPTS HARD COPIES OF RESUMES.
Qualified applicants can submit an online application by clicking on the 'APPLY NOW' button from either the CAREERS page or from the JOB DESCRIPTION page.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to candidates who are selected to participate in the full screening process. We sincerely appreciate all candidates for their interest in working for The Office of the Special Narcotics Prosecutor
Posting Date: October 7, 2019
The Office of the Special Narcotics Prosecutor is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to Diversity and Inclusion